Our Certified Propeller Technicians are fully trained and perform sophisticated shop quality underwater propeller repairs, which include, straightening large bends, precision cropping and design modifications worldwide.
Certified Propeller Technicians
Upon completion of extensive practical and formal training on-site and at the Wartsila facility in The Netherlands, our Technicians are qualified to accurately assess propeller condition and determine the best-engineered repair solution to maximize propulsive efficiency.
Class Approved permanent propeller repairs – previously possible only in shop after propeller removal – are now possible underwater using our proprietary equipment and procedures. Large bends can be straightened underwater in hours – dockside or at anchor. The underwater propeller straightening process entails many cycles of cold static loading applied in sequence throughout the bend. During the process, subtle changes in geometry are measured and evaluated simultaneously by two technicians positioned at each end of the deflection. This process has been successful in Class Approved permanent restoration of deflections over 120 degrees.
Underwater Propeller Repair Services Include:
Ship Propeller Repairs
- Straightening large bends
- Removal of damaged blade sections
- Crack repair and propagation control
- Restoration of hydrodynamic edge contours
- Static balancing (calculations on-site)
- Hydrodynamic balancing (calculations on-site)
- Replacement of C.P. blades and blade seals
Propeller Design Modification Solutions
- Pitch and camber alterations
- Diameter and blade area reduction
- Correction of propeller induced engine overload
- Contour modification to eliminate cavitation
- Edge modification, including anti-singing edge correction
Straightening systems include the “suitcase” cold straightening system for smaller bends, which is designed to be broken down into several components small enough and light enough to be flown on commercial aircraft as luggage. The full size systems for handling major deflections are designed and packaged for swift worldwide mobilization by air cargo.